The Wonderful Company: A Case Study in Comprehensive Accessibility
Introduction: A Commitment to Excellence and Accessibility
The Wonderful Company, a privately held enterprise valued at $5 billion, is a paragon of quality and health-conscious choices in various market sectors. From being the world's leading grower of tree nuts to America's largest citrus grower, and even boasting the world's largest flower delivery service via the Teleflora network, The Wonderful Company is diverse and expansive. However, such a broad reach necessitates an equally comprehensive approach to digital accessibility. Zenyth was enlisted to conduct a thorough WCAG 2.1 Level AA Audit across The Wonderful Company's multiple web properties.
Scope of Work: Ensuring End-to-End Accessibility
Our engagement with The Wonderful Company covered several key areas:
- Brand Audit: An in-depth review to ensure that the brand's digital assets align with accessibility best practices.
- WCAG 2.1 Level AA Audit: Comprehensive testing of desktop and mobile platforms to meet the globally recognized standard.
- Audit Retest/Verification: Follow-up assessments to confirm the implementation of recommended changes.
- Remediation Oversight/Consulting: Expert guidance during the remediation phase to ensure compliance.
- Accessibility Statement & Policies: Crafting and publishing a robust accessibility statement and policies to inform users and stakeholders.
The Audit: A Multi-Faceted Approach
The WCAG 2.1 Level AA Audit was conducted across both desktop and mobile platforms to ensure a universally accessible experience. This involved rigorous testing methodologies, including automated scans, manual checks, and user testing to identify any barriers to accessibility.
Results and Remediation: A Path Forward
Post-audit, a detailed report was provided, outlining areas of success and those requiring attention. The Wonderful Company showed a strong commitment to implementing the recommended changes. Zenyth's role extended to Remediation Oversight and Consulting, ensuring that the modifications were not only compliant but also enhanced the user experience.
Conclusion: A Partnership for a More Accessible Future
The Wonderful Company now stands as a model for digital accessibility, thanks to a proactive approach and a strong partnership with Zenyth. This case study serves as a testament to what can be achieved when a company is committed to making better choices, not just in products and services, but also in creating an inclusive digital landscape.
By adhering to WCAG 2.1 Level AA standards, The Wonderful Company has set a new benchmark in digital accessibility, ensuring that their diverse range of services is available to the widest possible audience.